Tuesday 7 August 2012

MARC JACOBS

I was inspired to do this by my recent post on Emma Stone, where she was wearing the divine Marc Jacobs A/W 2012 collection in one particular shot. It reminded me just how much I adore this collection, so I wanted to put it out there. It is so different and unique from the other Autumn/Winter collections this year. I really love it.










There are so many fabulous features that I love in this collection. I love the oversized paisley prints, the exaggerated chunky knitted pieces and the extraordinary use of fur. I NEED one of these fur hats in my life. They are the single best fashion idea I have seen is so long. They look so amazingly snug and lovely and I just want to hug one or wrap it around my head. The fur handbags are also incredibly beautiful. Layering is huge here too. There are examples of dresses over shirts, tunics over skirts and dresses over trousers. Perhaps a new trend in the making? All the items of clothing are designed in an exaggerated and shapely style, adding to the overall quirky and playful vibe of the collection. I feel like it is a combination of pilgrim and witch-based ideas, with a slight look of the Artful Dodger from Oliver Twist about it too.




I also love the new Marc Jacobs Autumn/Winter 2012-13 ad campaign by Juergen Teller. They look like a shy and beautiful coven of witches in their ladylike and obscure ensembles XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment