Tuesday 14 August 2012

BYE BYE OLYMPICS :(

I'm kind of sad right now, because the London Olympics are over and I miss them. How am I going to watch normal television? It was a mental two weeks, and there were so many great moments. Just some of my highlights include Mo Farah, Bradley Wiggins, Andy Murray and Jessica Ennis. They were all so amazing. I found myself watching something every day. It just captivated me in a way that I could have never imagined. It has been a daily talking point, and I love how everyone just got behind the athletes.

The Opening Ceremony was kind of mind-blowing. So crazy and ridiculous and my brain couldn't cope. The bit with James Bond and the Queen was just the best. The. Best. Maybe the single best thing my eyes have ever seen. I also loved the section with the characters like Voldemort and Mary Poppins. The whole ceremony was just kinda bizarre and funny and weird and I loved it. Danny Boyle, the creative director, is just a genius.


The Closing Ceremony was, lets be honest, far less impressive, but still had it's moments. I found that the parts that were good were REALLY good, and the parts that sucked, really REALLY sucked. My favourite parts included Madness, the Models and their little fashion show, Annie Lennox, Fatboy Slim, Eric Idle and The Who. But then, there was Jessie J singing with Queen (WORST IDEA EVER), Emeli Sande who kept popping up and being super-annoying, and Taio Cruz. I'm sorry, I just don't understand why he was there. Oh and of course One Direction which was just embarrassing for the nation. Of course, it was all well and good, but I wasn't watching for this. I was watching for THE SPICE GIRLS *scream*.

 Hassan Ammar/AP/Press Association Images

This was just the moment that my life had been leading up to. I was SO excited. There is just something about them that takes me back to being six. Okay, so they were not perfect but that isn't why we love them. They are 'GIRL POWER'. They are fun and amazing and I just love them SO so so much. It would have been nice if Posh could have stepped it up a bit and I really wanted their performance to be longer than three minutes but whatever. It seemed that Boris Johnson loved them too. Within minutes this was everywhere and it made me smile.


Later in the night, courtesy of Victoria..:


It was all so much to take in. It was clearly the best part of the night and made watching some of the lesser performers (Sande, I'm talking to you) worth it. Obviously I couldn't forget what the night was meant to be about. It was sad to see the Olympics go because I just loved it all so much. I am really quite proud of what this country has achieved and shown to the world and it was incredible to watch. XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment