Friday 31 August 2012

BLUE DIP DYE NAILS


I saw someone with dip dye effect nails recently and I loved it. I had to try it ASAP. Before attempting this I looked at the different methods that people use so that I knew vaguely what I was doing. The main method that I saw was using a make-up sponge to gradually build up the nail polish. However since I didn't actually have a make-up sponge and was too impatient to get one, I used a different and probably less effective method. I painted the nails first in the lighter blue and let them dry. Then, starting about halfway up the nail, I painted each nail with the darker blue and let them dry. I then dipped a cotton bud into nail varnish remover and lightly brushed it over the line where to two colours met to blur the line. I was really pleased with how they looked and am definitely going to try it again with different colours and methods in the future. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment