Wednesday 27 June 2012

WOO JAY-Z





OMG you see Jay-Z rocking Radio 1's Hackney weekend??? It was soo incredible! I'm so jealous of the people who went!! It looked insane! Jay-Z headlined Saturday night and it was so completely mesmerising. I couldn't look away from my TV screen for his whole set. It felt like such a communal event. It felt like so many people were experiencing this great show together and connecting with other people through this one spectacle. Even Beyonce was spotted raving with friends in the front of the crowd! She looked like she was having the best time! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was so cool to see this woman who is projected in the worlds media as this god-like figure, just sharing an experience in a rainy field in Hackney!! It took me back to Jay's Glastonbury performance a few years ago. I remember watching it on the TV with my family, and being  blown away by his talent and his stage presence.  He is just another level completely. It introduced me to some of his best material, and from that point on I became a complete fanatic. I made a little playlist of my favourite Jay-Z tracks (this includes some collaborations, obvs):
Big Pimpin'
99 Problems
03' Bonnie & Clyde
Hard Knock Life
Why I Love You
Girls Girls Girls
Numb/Encore
No Church in the Wild
Who Gon Stop Me
N***as in Paris


XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment